m (updated discord join url for contact)
|Line 108:||Line 108:|
You can do that:
You can do that:
: , '''.'''
: or , '''.com'''
Latest revision as of 00:59, 31 October 2018
- 1 How will we use information we collect about you?
- 2 When will we share information?
- 3 What information do we collect about you?
- 4 About the information of children
- 5 About Cookies
- 6 Your rights to your information
- 7 Other websites and services
- 8 How to contact us
How will we use information we collect about you?
We collect information about you to manage your membership with us, which may be made available to other members of the group for administrative purposes.
Your information is used to:
- Control access to our website and services;
- Maintain a record of active and past members;
- Personalize parts of website and services;
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others.
We will never sell your information. We will only disclose your data under your direction, or as otherwise described in this statement.
Our group uses a variety of third-party vendors to provide services like website management and hosting, member database management, and other features of our community. We only share your personal data as necessary, such as to register your membership, provide you access to our managed platforms, and record your participation in the group.
Your personal information will be shared with these third-party platforms, but only for the purpose of performing services on your or our behalf. It is our legitimate interest to share information with these parties for these purposes.
As an example of the above: We may store information about your membership in a Google Doc, or create a profile for you on a hosted website or wiki. If you have any questions about which third-party platforms we use, why, and how, please contact us.
If necessary to do so for the purpose of protecting the rights or intellectual property of our group or members, or in the event we have been legally compelled to do so, we may disclose your information to relevant investigative or law enforcement authorities.
What information do we collect about you?
Information you give us.
This includes what you voluntarily provide:
- When you register, including your email address, your existing account name(s) with us, and the online handle(s) you will use as a member;
- In the normal use of our website and services, including posts on our forum, our wiki, and our blog;
- When you complete surveys or provide feedback;
- When you correspond with us by voice, text, or otherwise.
Information we create.
This includes notes made by our community moderators and information about your activities with us, including participation records and awards.
Information that is automatically collected.
We automatically log standard internet information about you and your computer when you access our website and services. For example, when visiting our website, we log your public IP address, the name of the browser you used, and what page you visited. We collect this information using cookies and normal access logs on our servers. Please refer to the section on cookies below.
About the information of children
Our community does not allow registration or membership to any person under the age of sixteen (16). Although visitors of all ages may reach our website, forums, or other community platforms, we do not knowingly collect or request personal information from those under the age of sixteen without parental consent.
If, following a notification by a parent or guardian or discovery by other means, a child under sixteen has been improperly registered on our site by using false information, we will cancel the child's account and delete the child's personal information from our records.
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, and the above websites will tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, parts of our website may not function without them.
Your rights to your information
You have rights to your information, how it is used, and who has it. You can learn about your rights by visiting gdpr-info.eu/chapter-3 or ico.org.uk/your-data-matters. Here are the rights that are most relevant to the information we collect and use:
You have the right to object to the collection or use of your personal information. You may contact us with your objections and concerns.
You have the right to access your personal information. You may ask us to give you a copy of the information we hold about you.
You have the right to accurate and complete personal information. You may ask us to correct information you think is inaccurate, or to add information that is missing.
You have the right to the deletion of your personal information under most circumstances. You may ask us to delete your personal information.
We must respond to your requests within a reasonable time, and we may ask you for a relevant form of identification if you choose to exercise these rights. This is so that we can make sure that the person making the request to access, change, or delete your information is really you.
If you request that we delete part or all of your personal information, we may decline if that information is required by us for legitimate interests, such as to identify and prevent access to our services to you in a situation where you have been disallowed for reasons of conduct.
Other websites and services
How to contact us
You can do that:
- through discord, on our server
- or by email, at alliancenavygroup AT gmail.com (but this isn't checked often!)
- The discord join link under "How to contact us" was updated
- The order of preference for contact options under "How to contact us" was updated
- The document was moved from alliancenavy.org/privacy to wiki.alliancenavy.org/anpp
- An example of why we might refuse a deletion request was added to the Your rights to your information section.